At our dental practice, we strive to provide exceptional dental care to all of our patients. One of the most important services we provide are dental exams. With regular exams, we can look for signs of cavities, gum disease, or other issues before they progress and cause further issues. If dental decay is caught early and treated, it can save you from more expensive procedures such as root canals or dental implants.
We will evaluate your overall dental health and screen for various dental issues. If anything is detected, we will create an individualized treatment plan for you. During your dental exam you can expect:
- Diagnostic X-Rays: We will examine your x-rays to look for signs of decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss, as well as tooth positioning.
- Gum Disease Screening: We will check your gums and around your teeth to look for swelling, redness, or bleeding.
- Tooth Decay: We will check your teeth for cavities and other signs of decay.
- Oral Cancer Screening: We will check your face, tongue, neck, throat, and lips for any abnormalities.
- Existing Restorations: If you have received any restorations in the past including fillings, crowns, implants, or bridges, we will check its condition.
After your exam, you will see your dental hygienist for a cleaning. Plaque and tartar around your teeth and gum line will be removed and a high-powered brush will be used to remove any surface stains. You will then receive a professional flossing to remove any debris stuck between your teeth.
Regular dental exams and cleanings are essential in any oral health maintenance plan. To schedule an appointment at Austin 3D Dental, call our office today.